The challenge today was to create a project using this picture to trigger the imagination...
I couldn't stop with just one project, so I've posted three here, and I may not be done yet. I may still do one using the same kind of bright colors that were used on this dress.
This first card uses watercolor techniques with Distress Ink to create a fun background.
Distress Ink, primarily Victorian Velvet, Dried Marigold, Old Paper, and Frayed Burlap.
Honeycomb background (Darcie's)
Mesh Background (PSX)
I tried something new with this card. First I created a soft background with Light and Bright Alcohol Inks.
Next, I laid down the butterfly masks and applied clear ink, then Frosted Crystal Embossing Antiquities powder. When embossed, this powder has a bumpy, matte look. I then applied Snow Cap paint dabber around the butterflies, and used the same paint to stamp a couple of designs in the two corners. The cool thing it, the paint just wipes off of the smooth areas, but sticks down in the grooves of the bumpy embossing powder.
On this card I started with glossy cardstock. I stamped a couple of designs with Archival ink, then masked the butterflies and began adding color to the background with Distress Ink. I used water, ink,and lots of different stamps to create the background. I used all of the same stamps and colors of Distress Ink as on the first card, but I also used the Old French Writing Background (Hero Arts).
And now, moving on to another project...
I had some scraps lying around from a previous project, so I thought I should try to put them to good use.
The stamp I used here is Balloon Ride by Hero Arts.
Sentiment is from Impression Obsession.