Saturday, May 3, 2008

Huge thanks to Christine Adolph!

There is a wonderful trend going around the papercrafting community. Well, I don't know if it's happening enough to truly call it a trend, but still...it's happening, and it's wonderful. Sometimes when you are designing, and working in the industry you get a large collection of supplies built up which are taking up your precious space. Ok, even people who don't work in the industry sometimes have that problem. LOL. When it is becomes necessary to pare down your stash of supplies, a great way to do it is to Stash it Forward. The idea is to pass some of what you've been blessed with on to someone who may not be able to just go buy all that stuff themselves.
I was recently visiting Christine Adolph's blog and she was having a Stash it Forward giveaway, so I decided to enter the name of a wonderful lady I know from my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at church. Jody loves crafting and has helped me out with the crafts for our MOPS group. I was so excited to find out that she was one of the winners! A couple of days ago I received the package from Christine, and I had gone through my own supplies to pick out some more great items for Jody to enjoy. At our MOPS meeting yesterday, I got to surprise Jody with all of her new supplies. So fun!!! Thanks Christine for making this happen. It was a blessing. Now to completely change gears. My father-in-law built us this wonderful bird "hotel" as my neighbor called it. It used to be by our front door, but I noticed that some skittish little birds were interested in it, so I moved it into our backyard, and tucked it into a little corner beside a window. Now we get to watch the little birds build their nest without disturbing them. They are so cute, they fly over with these huge pieces of straw, and usually have to try many times before they actually get it into the birdhouse. It's been lots of fun to watch.

1 comment:

Kathleen Summers said...

What a cool birdhouse. Now I want one! Well you're just going to have to get some pictures of the little birdies enjoying it. :)

XOXOXO