Thursday, August 28, 2008

Drift Creek Camp


It's time for a reminder that time is running out to sign up for the Fall Quilt and Scrapbook Retreat at Drift Creek Camp.
I will be there teaching some classes, and holding open-house style cardmaking time with my entire collection of stamps and an enormous selection of supplies. Details can be found here: http://www.driftcreek.org/Programs/Fall_Quilt_and_Scrapbook_Retreat
I'd love to see you there!

Many members of my husbands family, including us, will be getting together this weekend to remember Matt's grandpa Jake Leichty who passed away on Monday morning. The memorial service will be friday. I have already said goodbye to all of my grandparents, and am so glad that we have two wonderful great-grandma's on Matt's side of the family who are still around to be a great blessing and influence in my kids lives. I'm so thankful to the Lord for elder family members who bring a perspective to our lives that is so needed.

I feel like there is so much more that I wanted to say, but I can't think of where to begin. Writing does not come easy for me, but I thank you for following along with my thoughts.

I will be back in a few days with something fun, creative, and new...hmmm...
See you then.

2 comments:

carla said...

I'm sorry to hear of Jake's passing. He and Norma Jean were kind to my family and I especially remember a very yummy dinner at their house.

Blessed Mom said...

I hadnt heard that he passed away. Im sorry to hear that. Its hard saying goodbye to grandparents. Im still having a hard time believing Grandma is gone & now Tims grandma passed away last month too. So hard seeing that older generation leave us.