Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's officially my first project of 2009

I am an earring girl, and since I had some scraps of copper left over from a project, I decided to make them into earrings. The shape of the metal was die cut with the Tiny Tags set by ProvoCraft. The leaf design was embossed into them with the Stylized Flowers Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug. I added some black paint to bring out the design, then applied Glossy Accents to both sides.

The little green "beads" were made with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel), Alcohol Ink (Lettuce) by Ranger Industries, and Gold Pearl Ex. I am really pleased with how they turned out, I have the perfect outfit to wear them with. They would even look great with a simple seed bead instead of the UTEE bead that I used.


Me said...

and its beautiful! (of course) makes me wish my holes hadnt closed!

Alice said...

this is such a cool idea!! love the way they turned out and the fact that you used regular scrapbook tools to make them - you should slap those onto a card and submit them! thanks for stopping by the other day - great to "see" you :)