Tuesday, January 12, 2010

First projects of the year!

Here it is...my very first project of the year! This one was dreamed up while I was driving from here to there one day, and I was just waiting for the right opportunity to give it a try. My opportunity came last weekend when I was privileged to go spend the weekend at the coast with some wonderfully talented friends. I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to have time to focus on creating some of those things that have been in my mind begging to be made...un-interrupted time...well...interrupted only by the occasional meal, snack or nap.

Anyway, for this project I stamped this Holly Berry House Medallion onto Ten Seconds Studios metal, then hand embossed portions of the design before cutting, layering it together, and sanding it to give it it's well-worn look. The background was created using a Fiskars Texture Plate and a Ten Seconds Studios mold. I have to say, I love Ten Seconds Studios more every time I use their products (and I used them a lot this weekend).

And now...my most anticipated project of the weekend. I have been planning to make a copper framed mirror for my sister for her birthday (hope she doesn't read this). So this was my chance. I antiqued the copper using Liver of Sulfer, then buffed, embossed, sanded, assembled...you get the idea. Three of the panels were embossed using Ten Seconds Studios molds, and the rest were embossed with Cuttlebug Embossing Folders. I love copper, and my sister loves it even more, so I am so excited to give this to her.

I have much more to share, but I have to re-photograph some of the items when the sun decides to shine again here in the Willamette Valley.


2 comments:

Me said...

I LOVE your first project of the year!!! It is beautiful!!! is it a card or a wall hanging? If it isnt a wall hanging, you should definatly create one that is! LOL
(Carlos says,"you are the best") I agree with him. LOL

Linda Beeson said...

I so need to learn to use the Ten Second Studio tools, I just love your creation. Hey, I see you live in a area that we are really familiar with. We seem to travel around there for business at least once a year and we love it all around Oregon.