Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Glittery Fun

Another project to share from my weekend away. You had to know that the glitter would make it into my weekend bag...everyone was thrilled to see it of course...
This is my favorite glitter of all, Microfine Art Glitter. This stuff is so fine and delicate that it ends up everywhere, which is not a problem for me, but not everyone likes to walk around shiny. Ok, seriously, if you have never worked with this glitter you really need to get your hands on some. I rarely use my regular ultrafine glitters anymore because every time I look through the different colors, the microfines are the ones that jump out at me...the ones that I LOVE. The colors I used on this project were: Elfin, Iris, Winter White, and Fawn. The stamp is Garden Dragonfly by Holly Berry House. I wish that all of you could see it in person, because pictures just don't do justice to the beauty of these glitters.

2 comments:

Jan Castle said...

W-O-W Valonda! Absolutely beautiful card. What brand is the microfine art glitter - or is that the brand? Where do you get it? Would love an explanation on how you applied it on your project. Thanks for sharing.
Jan Castle

Valonda L. said...

Thanks for the comment Jan. The brand is Art Glitter, and Lisa sells it at Stampin' Cat Studio. She doesn't always have Microfine in stock, but she can always order it in.
I used the Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive that is designed to be used with the Art Glitter, they sell a VERY fine metal tip to be used with it that helped me get such detailed application.
Hope you are doing well :)