Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shopping success! and other musings

Today my friend Elisha and I got to go shopping...with children...but still, shopping is shopping. And it just so happened that today was a successful shopping day. I love days like that, when you actually find things that you love, that fit great, and some that are even on a great sale too. Since my kids were with me, of course they wanted to try on clothes too. Even my 2 year old son got in on the action. He is so funny. The boy loves clothes, and he actually cares what he wears already. It's funny and cute now, but we'll see how I feel about it in a few years. I let him pick his own shirt today, and he had a definate opinion, and wanted to wear his new shirt immediately. He strutted around, so happy about it.



I use this stamp by Rubber Stamp Concepts all the time, I just love it. This is a tile coaster I made sort of by accident. I initially messed up, so I decided to just go for it and keep adding layers of Alcohol Ink. I stamped some of the images while the ink was still wet, because I was to impatient to wait for it to dry, and it made a really neat ghost image. It is one of those mistakes that turned into something beautiful. It is probably my favorite tile coaster that I have made. This is one of the things I love about art. Even mistakes can be redeemed. I think God does that in our lives too. There are so many life lessons in art...I don't think you can pour yourself into it without experiencing some kind of personal growth.

May your art enrich your life today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree Valonda! Art is so much like life. Sometimes you're overwhelmed, but mostly, beautiful things happen and/or lessons are learned for the future. I love the blog! You would do so well on etsy!