Today I decided to play around with some chipboard triangles. This is the prototype, but I have all kinds of ideas for this little hexagon, so I'm sure you will be seeing similar projects again. I need to refine the process a bit. I guess that is the fun of prototypes. You learn what works and what doesn't, so now the next one will be better. I think that I need a ribbon with a little bit of stretch for added tension so the nails will stay in better. These work, but I have to be kind of careful. The hexagon is held together with 2" finishing nails, which I have discovered have the perfect end to add a rhinestone to. I will be utilizing that idea soon. The clasp is made of grungeboard. The top of the grungeboard is painted with silver Paint Dabbers, hammered with the Tim Holtz Texture Hammer, and embossed with Distress Embossing Powder. The underside is painted with Crackle Paint. The paper is Alpha Blocks from Tim Holtz distressables. I was so excited that this actually worked. If you get the tension right, and your cutting is very exact, you can actually open this up and hang it on the wall using the grungeboard as a hanger. Of coarse, the nail that you take out to fold it up becomes the clasp to hold it closed.
I'm looking forward to a full, fun class tomorrow, so I'd better go pack my things. Good night everyone.